The Immune Deficiency Foundation (IDF) is proud to announce the creation of a new project, the IDF SCID Initiative. Driven by requests from the Severe Combined Immune Deficiency (SCID) community, this new dedicated fund has been created for the purpose of supporting SCID specific programs which include education, awareness, diagnosis, newborn screening, and the search for a cure. The creation of the IDF SCID Initiative is a new step for IDF, as this is the first disease specific initiative to be proposed by the organization. As another first, IDF has developed an oversight committee for the Initiative fund, comprised of community members with specialized interest and knowledge specific of SCID.
The mission of the IDF SCID Initiative is four-fold:
- To expand public awareness of SCID and the treatment options among families, physicians, and the general public.
- To increase the probability of early detection and treatment, with the goal to have universal newborn screening for SCID performed on every infant born in all 50 states.
- To fund research efforts that will identify new treatments, therapies, and ultimately a cure for SCID.
- To provide opportunities for affected individuals and families to attend educational events with physicians and other affected families.
- SCID Newborn Screening Campaign and the IDF SCID Newborn Screening Toolkit
- Scholarship opportunities for SCID families to attend IDF National and Regional educational programs.
- Partnership with SCID, Angels for Life Foundation to raise awareness, benefit research, and provide parent and family education for those affected by SCID.
No matter what reason brought you to this website to find information on SCID, I ask that you make a donation to the SCID Initiative. No amount is too small when the need is so great. Your donation can make the difference that saves the life of a child.
Anyone wishing to make a contribution to the IDF SCID Initiative can do so by donating now online, (please select SCID Initiative on the form) or by mailing their contribution to:
IDF SCID Initiative
110 West Road, Suite 300
Towson, MD 21204
IDF is a 501 (c)(3) non-profit organization and your contributions are tax deductible to the maximum extent allowed by IRS regulations.